Homemade Cream Cheese Wonton
*with cowboy candy
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup Cowboy Candy
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg beaten for sealing wontons
- canola oil for frying wontons
- Combine the room temperature/softened cream cheese, sugar and onion powder. Stir until well mixed.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface and place a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center along with a ring or two of candied jalapeño.
- Brush all of the edges of the wonton wrapper with the egg wash.
- Bring 2 opposite corners together in the middle of the wonton and pinch. Repeat with the other 2 corners and pinch to form a square package shape.
- Repeat – keeping folded wontons on a saran wrap covered tray so they don’t dry out.
- Heat 4 inches of oil in a deep pan or fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Fry 4-6 wontons at a time, turning them as needed to make sure they brown evenly. This process takes about 3-5 minutes. Do not overcrowd the fryer as the oil temperature will drop greatly.
- Drain the cooked wontons on paper towels and repeat the frying process with remaining wontons.
- Let the wontons cool down a good 5 minutes or more as filling will be very hot.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice if preferred.