Everything bagel seasoning and a little cream cheese create these flavor-packed Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket. Mix up a couple of 3-ingredient dipping sauces for a super fun and easy appetizer.
No matter how many incredible appetizer recipes join my collection, these clever little bites are always one of the most requested party/game day/any day snacks in my house.
I’ve never come across anyone who doesn’t love old school pigs in a blanket. It is one of those classic recipes that seems to have universal appeal. But, add a smear of cream cheese and top them off with everything bagel seasoning and they are elevated to a new level that makes these Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket worthy of any appetizer menu.
Small bowls of ketchup and yellow mustard are a classic choice for serving with pigs in a blanket. But, I’ve included a couple of homemade dipping sauces for some fun added flavor.
- Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning has become such a phenomenon over the years. If you don’t live near a Trader Joe’s look for different varieties of everything bagel seasoning at Costco, Sam’s Club, Walmart, or Amazon. Even King Arthur Flour has their own everything bagel topping available. Check the spice section of your local grocery store and you very well might find it.
- Hilshire Farms Lit’l Smokies are just the right size for making pigs in a blanket. You can also use any link smoked sausage that you’ve sliced to fit.
- Either regular or 1/3 less fat cream cheese will work well. The easy spreading cream cheese in the tub glides over the crescent roll dough easily. If you’re using regular block cream cheese, be sure to let it come to room temperature.
- Melted butter can be replaced with an egg wash, if you prefer. See the Cooks Tips section below for the details.
- Unroll and separate one cannister of crescent roll dough into triangles at the perforations. I find it easiest to do this by running a sharp knife along the perforation and then gently pulling the triangles apart. Spread each of the 8 dough triangles with a thin layer (about 1 teaspoon) of softened cream cheese.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles for a total of 24. You might find it easier to slice through the cream cheese coated dough if you rinse the knife with hot water and wipe it dry periodically. Pat one of the mini sausages dry with a paper towel and place it at the larger end of one of the triangles of dough. Roll the sausage up in the dough all the way up to the skinny tip.
- Arrange the Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket seam side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush the tops lightly with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with a little everything bagel seasoning. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Crescent roll dough is easier to work with when it is very cold. Pop it open and slice it into triangles as soon you take it out of the fridge.
- You need 24 mini sausages for this recipe. One 14 ounce package of Lit’l Smokies contains about 36 so there will be 12 (give or take) leftover. If you’d like to double the recipe you’ll need more than one package.
- If preferred, you can brush the dough with an egg wash instead of melted butter. Just whisk 1 egg with 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl.
Dipping Sauces for Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
For some fun flavor, create one or both of these 3-ingredient dipping sauces. See the recipe card below for the detailed instructions.
- Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce – a mixture of mayonnaise, Dijon or stone ground mustard and honey.
- Smoky BBQ Ranch Dipping Sauce – a mixture of Ranch dressing, BBQ sauce and smoked paprika.
More Fun Finger Food
Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
Everything bagel seasoning and a little cream cheese create these flavor-packed Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket. Mix up a couple of 3-ingredient dipping sauces for a super fun and easy appetizer.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 24 pigs in a blanket
- 8 ounce tube crescent roll dough
- 8 teaspoons cream cheese softened (I use the kind in the tub – spreads easier)
- 24 mini smoked sausages like Lit’l Smokies
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or egg wash – see Recipe Notes
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
Optional 3-Ingredient Dipping Sauces
Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon or stone ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
Smoky BBQ Ranch Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup Ranch salad dressing I like Litehouse Homestyle Ranch
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce I like Kinders or Stubbs
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Unroll the crescent dough and separate into triangles at the perforations. I find it easiest to do this by running along the perforation with a sharp knife and then gently pulling the triangles apart. Spread each of the 8 dough triangles with a thin layer (about 1 teaspoon) of softened cream cheese. Use a sharp knife to cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles for a total of 24. You might find it easier to slice through the cream cheese coated dough if you rinse the knife with hot water and wipe it dry periodically.
Pat one of the mini sausages dry with a paper towel and place it at the larger end of one of the triangles of dough. Roll the sausage up in the dough all the way up to the skinny tip. Arrange seam side down and 1 – to 2- inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining sausages and dough.
Brush the tops and exposed sides of dough with the melted butter (for egg wash see Notes section below) then sprinkle each with about 1/4 teaspoon of the everything bagel seasoning.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately with optional dipping sauces or just plain yellow mustard and ketchup.
For the Dipping Sauces:
Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Can be made in advance, covered, and refrigerated for several hours or overnight.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 248mg | Potassium: 20mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg