Hello Everyone! I have tried this fish recipe and I would like to share it with you. It is nutritious soup for these winter days also, it helps your immune system to strengthen yours’ body and you should try this tasty and a great easy fish soup recipe. It is full of colourful vegetables and I adore this combination of tender potatoes, carrots, corn. The soup is full vitamins and so delicious for fish lovers.
200-300 g. white fish fillets, diced ( you should use meaty firm types of fish such as cod fish, snapper, barramundi, salmon and etc. Avoid delicate fish. I used to sear the fish first before making the soup, this give an overall better flavour, but you can use uncooked fish for the soup.)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 teaspoon butter.
- 1/2 fresh green pepper and 1/2 fresh red pepper without seeds and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled corn or canned corn
- 1 medium potatoes cubed
- 1 cup homemade fish stock or high quality store bought fish stock( it is optional)
- 2-3 cup hot water, ( if it needs more water, you can add more water.)
- 1/4 cup cream( if you desire, you can add the cream)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 tsp of salt
- 150-200gr fish
To serve-Ingredients : 1 tbs, Chopped parsley, optional.
- In a large pot add the olive oil and add add the onion and garlic, the sliced fresh green and red pepper. Stir them for one-two minutes and fry them until translucent and then add 1 teaspoon butter and then add 1 table spoon flour, fry it until yellow. Pour 1 cup homemade broth and the hot water.
- Add the corn kernels, potatoes, carrot and add the salt and cover. Leave for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and then add your cubed fish.
- If you need more liquid, add a little more water. Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve with the parsley or what you desire.
Thank you very much for reading the recipe ! 🙂