This soup is great for a tasty lunch, or serve it with crusty bread for a warming dinner.
Free printable recipe inc hints and tips here: https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/leek-and-potato-soup/
• 4 tbsp (60g) unsalted butter
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 3 large leeks, green parts discarded, white (or very pale green) parts sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp celery salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 1 lb (450g) floury potatoes*, peeled and chopped into bitesize pieces
• 4 1/6th cups (1 litre) chicken or vegetable stock
• ½ cup (120ml) double/heavy cream
• 2 tbsp double/heavy cream
• 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
• Good pinch of black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and leeks and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often until softened.
3. Add the garlic, salt, celery salt and pepper and cook for a further minute.
4. Add the potatoes and stock. Stir, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes – until the potatoes are starting to fall apart. Turn off the heat.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove 2 scoopfuls of the potato and leek mixture and place in a bowl – this is for topping the soup later.
6. Blitz the remaining soup either carefully using a stick blender, or by transferring it to a blender that can be used for hot liquids.
7. Pour the soup back into the pan along with the cream and heat through on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until hot.
8. Spoon into bowls and top each bowl with a spoonful of the potato/leek mixture.
9. Swirl over a drizzle of cream and top with chopped chives and a pinch of black pepper.
#Soups #Recipe #CookingShow